Call for applications for University Graduates
The SOLEDA project, which is funded by the EU, is pleased to announce the first call for student applications for:
“Diploma in Solar Energy System Design and Installation”
The certified diploma will run for two semesters (2014/2015) and will include core and electives courses on the different topics of solar energy. The selected students will have to complete at least 24 credit hours in order to award the diploma degree. The diploma has been accredited by the Supreme Council of Egyptian University in June 2014. Courses will be taught in English in close collaboration with European and Egyptian professors and scientists. Excellent students will receive scholarships to attend training sessions at the SOLEDA EU countries (Germany, UK, Spain and Greece) during the summer of 2015. The diploma degree will be jointly awarded by Cairo University, Fayoum University and South Valley University.
Courses of the diploma
First Semester (October 1st, 2015)
- Core courses (3 credit hours/each)
- Solar Photovoltaics (1)
- Solar Photovoltaic Systems (1)
- Solar Thermal Energy (1)
- Solar Thermal Energy Systems (1)
- Modeling and Simulation of Solar Photovoltaic Systems
- Solar Desalination
- Hybrid Energy Systems
- Solar Technical Sales and Marketing
Example of equipment and tools available for practical training
- Different types of PV cells as well as PV modules
- Different types of solar collectors with different capacities
- Characterization equipment for measuring the efficiency of solar cells as well as PV modules
- 2-axis solar tracker
- PV driven Reverse Osmosis water desalination system
- Meteorological station
- Full designer licenses of the Swiss Polysun software tool.
- Setups for preparation of nanomaterials for energy applications
- Equipment/setups for preparation of different types of membranes for water applications
Profile of the diploma students
- Have a Bachelor degree in Science (Chemistry, Physics, Math) or Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical and Industrial) with at least total grade of Good.
- Very good command of English.
- Highly motivated, hard worker and eager to learn.
Basic application materials (must be in English):
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) including recent photo and basic personal data
- A copy of the Bachelor certificate (in English) including the courses and grades
- TOEFEL/IELTS certificate (if exists)
- Motivation statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- A copy of a valid passport
The application materials should be sent as one file (pdf) to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Short listed applicants will be invited for personal interview.